Over time, the demand we place on our joints can cause severe joint pain and discomfort. After proper diagnosis, joint replacement may be recommended for pain relief.
Severe joint pain is the most common reason patients undergo a joint replacement procedure. Whether your pain is a result of an old injury, of a degenerative condition like arthritis or osteoarthritis, or of a fracture, joint replacement procedures may be the recommended treatment option.
Nearly any joint in the body can be replaced with a fully functioning artificial implant, but the most common joint replacements are of the hip, knee, or shoulder.
At Georgia Bone & Joint, our joint replacement doctors specialize in joint replacement surgeries, including total joint replacements, osteotomies, partial replacements, and joint resurfacing procedures.
You may be a candidate for a joint replacement surgery if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Severe joint pain
- Pain in the joint that keeps you awake at night
- Joint discomfort that prevents you from participating in recreational activities
- Joint pain that limits your ability to conduct necessary and daily functions, such as climbing stairs or standing up
- You have attempted more conservative treatment methods, such as exercise or therapy, without success
Why choose Georgia Bone & Joint?
Our joint replacement surgeons at Georgia Bone & Joint have completed additional training specifically in joint replacement. With this advanced training, our joint replacement surgeons, DR. MICHAEL GRUBER, DR. GEORGE BALLANTYNE, and DR. JAYSON MCMATH have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your joint replacement condition individually to your needs.
Outpatient Total Joint Replacement
At Georgia Bone & Joint, we are committed to meeting the orthopedic needs of our community and providing our patients with the most advanced treatment options for the best possible outcomes. As part of that commitment, we offer joint replacement surgery as an outpatient procedure for ankle, hip, knee, and shoulder patients who meet specific criteria.
Performed at our state-of-the-art Georgia Bone & Joint Surgery Center, our outpatient joint replacement procedures offer our patients the following benefits:
- Outpatient procedures are designed to expedite recovery
- You’ll be able to leave the surgery center the day of your procedure and immediately start recovering from the comfort of your own home
- Flexible scheduling
- Save on costs with the reduced hospital stay
Our doctors and staff at Georgia Bone & Joint Surgery Center are specialty-trained to ensure the highest possible level of treatment, and they are exclusively dedicated to the pre-operative, operative, and post-operative care of orthopedic patients. Additionally, our joint replacement surgeons have completed additional training specifically in joint replacement, and they have the knowledge and skill to help you return to your active lifestyle.
If you’re suffering from any of the following symptoms, you may be a candidate for outpatient joint replacement surgery:
- Severe pain in the ankle, hip, knee, or shoulder that may keep you awake at night
- Joint pain that prevents you from resting or prohibits you from activity
- Joint pain that disrupts necessary and daily functions, such as climbing stairs or walking
To see if an outpatient joint replacement procedure is the right option for you, speak with one of our expert joint replacement surgeons today by calling 770-502-2175 or SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE.