The spine’s ability to provide support and mobility simultaneously makes it more susceptible to injury.
Since spine injuries can affect virtually any body part, there is a wide range of conditions and injuries encompassed by spine pain, thereby causing a wide range of symptoms.
From cervical spondylotic myleopathy and cervical disc herniations to spondylolisthesis and sciatica, spine pain can be the result of a serious condition.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of spine pain, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible before your spine injury or condition worsens.
- Pain that radiates from the neck to the arm/hand
- Pain that radiates from the back to the leg/foot
- Pain that increases in the back, leg, or foot with standing or walking and is relieved by sitting
- Pain following heavy lifting, especially if you have osteoporosis
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the arms or legs
- Nerve or dexterity problems in the arms and hands
- Numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Weakness in a specific area of the leg or arm
- If associated with incontinence, go to the emergency room
Our spine doctors at Georgia Bone & Joint understand that damage to the spinal cord is not only disruptive, but also potentially devastating to those affected. Spine conditions and injuries should be examined by a spine specialist for prompt and proper diagnosis.
With 20 years of experience, DR. CHAD KESSLER considers surgical treatment options together with his patients only after non-surgical methods have proven to be unsuccessful. When surgery is necessary, Dr. Kessler uses the safest and latest surgical methods proven to restore function and mobility.
DR. DAVID LOVE is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in Spine Surgery. His primary focus is the diagnosis and treatment of both surgical and non-surgical conditions of neck and back. He is passionate about restoring patients’ function through an individualized approach and prefers nonoperative treatment whenever possible.
Why choose Georgia Bone & Joint?
Our spine doctors at Georgia Bone & Joint have completed additional training, specifically in the back, neck, and spine. With this advanced training, DR. CHAD KESSLER and DR. DAVID LOVE have the experience and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your spine injury or condition individually to your needs.