Foot, Ankle, Knee
David J. Heinsch, M.D., completed his medical degree at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. After medical school, he completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the Campbell Clinic and the University of Tennessee in Memphis, Tennessee.
Dr. Heinsch chose to undergo additional training after residency in the form of a foot and ankle surgery fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He specializes in many surgical and nonsurgical treatments of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity, such as Achilles tendon repair, hindfoot and ankle fusions, total ankle replacement, and fracture care.
Dr. Heinsch is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, and The American Orthopaedic Association.
When Dr. Heinsch is not seeing patients, he enjoys running, biking, swimming, cooking, cheering for Atlanta sports teams, and spending time with his family.
- Piedmont Newnan Hospital
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA – Doctor of Medicine
- The University of Tennessee-Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN – Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA – Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- The American Orthopaedic Association
The following are reviews from patients of Dr. Heinsch
" My provider is caring, thoughtful, and kind and I appreciate that very much. " - Cora K.
" Doctor Heinsch and the entire team operate a smooth running operation and the care is top notch. No waiting and takes care of business. He listens and answers all questions. Wonderful. " - Mark S.